KDSL seeks a capable American Curriculum Social Studies Freelance Consultant to serve as a key team member in this growing organization. The organization seeks to transform K–12 social studies education in the MENA region by providing professional learning, school-based support, and institutes focused on alignment to the C3 Standards.
Know.Do.Serve.Learn (KDSL) offers Global Educational Collaboration Services and the mission is: to partner with education organizations worldwide in order to increase student achievement, teacher knowledge, and education leadership.
Services are individualized and tailored to the needs of the organization, schools, teachers, grade level teams, and student achievement data. KDSL employs a blended approach (face-to-face and virtual interaction) at times when serving.
Current collaboration around the world is connected to:
- Professional Development
The American Curriculum Social Studies Freelance Consultant will play an important role in the success of KDSL. S/he will work alongside the two co-founders to support professional learning in the MENA region and beyond. The position offers great opportunities for learning and growth. This person will immediately contribute by:
- Working with schools and educators to design a social studies professional learning plan;
- Working with the co-founders to recruit, build and manage a network of social studies educators and working directly with educators;
- Developing American curriculum focused webinars, forums, trainings and institutes based on feedback from schools
- Provide monthly social studies tips for educators
SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
Strong candidates will bring the following skills and experiences:
- Deep content expertise in K-12 social studies, curriculum design and understanding of the C3 Standards;
- A minimum of 8-10 years of professional experience in K–12 education, with some hands-on experience in either the state or district social studies curriculum design or support preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in social studies and/or an ability to demonstrate genuine respect for teachers and teaching and collaborate with educators throughout the process (preferably a classroom teacher, teacher leader);
- A proven strategic and project management skill set, including the ability to effectively manage multiple stakeholders and meet ambitious timelines;
- Demonstrated experience working effectively on teams and with diverse populations;
- Exceptional written and spoken communications and interpersonal skills;
- Experience developing high-quality, engaging adult learning and facilitation preferred; and
- Understanding of current social studies education reform issues, preferably in the areas of curriculum, instruction and assessment.
Strong candidates will possess the following personal characteristics:
- Passion for the KDSL mission;
- Superior judgment and ability to maintain professional, upbeat attitude and sense of humor under pressure;
- A deep sense of personal responsibility and integrity
- A collaborative, inclusive approach to building consensus and taking action; and
- An ability to work independently and collaborate with colleagues and educators in a virtual work environment.
LOCATION, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Payment is commensurate with experience. This is not a job but based on project-based work. The location of the project-based work is in Dubai (we are open to a virtual position) with work around the entire MENA region. However, we will hire the most talented and well-qualified candidate.
Please submit a compelling cover letter, two references, sample workshop you have presented (agenda, presentation, supporting materials), sample video of you as a facilitator, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only serious applicants need to apply. We will contact you if your background matches the position.